Monday, January 11, 2010

Eating Out Of Our Pantry Challenge - Menu and Update

Well, for the first two weeks of the challenge, things were pretty easy. My menu came together pretty quickly and there were very few things that I ended up purchasing. This coming week, though, is proving to be a bit more challenging for me. I had a harder time coming up with a menu because I felt like I was having to choose between purchasing extra ingredients versus eating the same meal over and over again. I did eventually come up with a menu, but I'm not entirely pleased with it. Here's the plan for this week:

Breakfasts:
oats with maple syrup and milk
pumpkin muffins
egg sandwiches
pancakes
leftover pancakes
Mighty Tasty cereal and fruit
Homemade granola cereal and fruit

Lunches:
Leftovers
Chicken Chowder

Suppers:
Spaghetti and Cheesy French Bread
Leftover Mexican casserole from our freezer, cheesy refried beans
Steak, roasted sweet potatoes, peas
Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, boiled carrots
Stovetop Beef Stew, homemade bread
Beefy Spanish Rice, guacamole, chips
Roasted chicken, herbed rice, steamed broccoli with lemon butter sauce

Snacks:
Homemade pineapple gelatin
Blackberry cobbler
Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Peanuts

Last week our grocery purchases came to $14.62. This included 8 cans of tomato sauce, a large bag of oranges, a large bag of organic carrots, bananas, and lemons. So, the total amount of grocery spending since December 23rd (2-1/2 weeks ago) is now at $49.27.

Since this week was so intimidating I'm really dreading next week! I'm running out of ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment