Friday, May 28, 2010

Where We've Been - Part 1

Sorry to go missing for so long, be we've been SO busy around the property. I've still been taking pictures, but haven't taken the time to sit down and write up a post with them. So, I thought that today I would scroll back through the pictures I've taken since my last post and play a little catch-up.

Our strawberry and spinach harvests have already been here and gone. We gorged ourselves on both and loved every minute of it!


Sam walked up to me one morning with punching balloons wrapped around his waist. I asked him what he was doing with the balloons and he advised me that he was now Lolla-Lee-Lou from the story Gertrude McFuzz by Dr. Seuss. If you haven't already done so, you really need to read Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss.


Here is a little visitor that I discovered in our bedroom one day. The screen on the outside door has a gap in it and apparently that gap is large enough for baby turtles to squeeze through.


More strawberries...this harvest was only three days after the first!


Chickens are doing well. We lost three to hawks, but Shawn put netting above the chicken run and we haven't had a problem since.


Sam found a comfy spot to relax


Our first cherry harvest


Unfortunately, our apple and pear trees are suffering from fire blight. Shawn and I stay busy several times a week going from tree to tree cutting off the dying branches. We have ten apple trees (we had eleven, but had to cut one down) and two pear trees to keep up with, so this alone keeps us especially busy.


Spinach, asparagus, and blueberries from our garden. It's great to sit down to a meal that includes so much of what we've produced ourselves.


Part of the cherry harvest with a few blueberries and strawberries thrown in.


That's all for Part 1, I'll continue on in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment